What are your thoughts about how we can protect ourselves and in the process improve our communities and countries? How can Small Bites assist you?
Vampires? Real or imagined?
What ‘blood suckers’ are actually among us?
– Power-crazed, violence-prone despots
– Politicians who claim to act toward community well-being but are all-out for self-advantage
– Corporate leaders who use financial, political, and media leverage to push through self-benefitting policies that act against the larger public interest
– Corporate raiders and short-selling hedge-fund provocateurs who manipulate stock prices for self-gain and in the process damage companies, products, and employees
– Government bureaucrats who hold public hostage with delays and denials while pocketing unreported/unreceipted fees
– Teachers with prejudices and/or incompetence that suck the energy and innovative spirit from students
– People who claim that God told them they had the right and duty to judge and harm others
– Any body who steals from or physically harms another for only personal gain; i.e., drug-dealers, human-traffickers, child-abusers
How do we protect ourselves from these blood-suckers?
Gandhi said that if we want to make the world a better place it has to start with us.
Virtues of honesty, civility, compassion, integrity, discipline, perseverance, and courage are not weaknesses to be exploited. They are shields. They can be learned and developed into effective habits to guide our actions. The collaborative and collective actions of persons of virtue are the only effective bulwark against greed and corruption.
RSA – Positive Thinking